Wednesday 16 October 2019

Debut Post!


Hello and welcome to, Away Days: A Scottish Football Ground Guide. I thought I'd kick things off by explaining what I'm going to be chatting about in the blog. The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences of different football grounds around Scotland on match days. As a keen Scottish football fan, whenever I have free time at weekends I enjoy traveling to different games across Scotland as a neutral supporter. I'm sure every fan that attends football matches in Scotland can relate to standing in the freezing cold on a Saturday afternoon watching football of questionable quality. As miserable as this sounds we somehow manage to find joy in the experience and the love of our game and respected teams always brings us back week after week. I thought this blog would be the ideal platform to provide a guide and review of different football grounds around the country.





The grounds which will predominantly feature in the blog will be from the lower tiers of the Scottish game. Hopefully, this will highlight the good value of entertainment that can be found in Scotland's lower leagues. Also, my rather modest student budget can't stretch to the £30+ ticket prices charged by the top tier teams...




The review of the stadiums which will feature in the blog will be based on 4 key criteria...

  • The Travel - The journey to the ground is a thrilling part of any away day. Details of the journey and information on the best way to get to the stadium will be included in this section of the review.
  • The Stadium - My thoughts on the quality of each stadium I visit will be provided.
  • Price of Ticket - Where in Scotland can you get the most bang for your buck?
  • Pie Review - Perhaps the most important section within the review, which football grounds serve the best pie?

Stay tuned for more...







No comments:

Post a Comment